Social Housing

This guide explains how to go about getting housing from the council or a registered social landlord (a housing association or housing cooperative)

How do I get a social rented tenancy?

To apply for council housing or housing association house, you have to fill in an application ...

Continue reading

Social Tenancies Renting rights

Anyone over the age of 16 can apply for council housing anywhere in Scotland.

Continue reading

Paying Rent

Rent is money paid by tenants to landlords in return for living in their property.

Continue reading


It's your responsibility to let your landlord know about any repair work that needs done.

Continue reading

Evictions and moving out

Councils, housing associations and housing co-ops have to follow the correct legal procedures to evict tenants.

Continue reading